The first-ever virtual Higher Education Institutions Conference was held from November 26 to November 27. Topic ‘Reinventing Higher Education’ gathered experts in the field of higher education from 16 countries.
Panels to discuss the topic were:
- Reshaping faculty capabilities discussed by Metka Tekavčić, PhD, Vesna Dodiković Jurković, PhD, Dino Ivan Dogan, PhD and Inga Koryagina, PhD while moderator was Borna Jalšenjak, PhD.
- Striving in innovating environment discussed by Pesuth Tamás, PhD and moderator Mato Njavro, PhD, the dean of Zagreb School of Economics and Management.
- Sustainable financial models was moderated by Zoran Barac, PhD, the Managing Director of the Zagreb School of Economics and Management and panelists were Irena Martinović Klarić, PhD and Havelda Balázs, MA.
- Labor market ecosystem was moderated by Mirna Koričan Lajtman, PhD and panelists were Mike Rosenberg, PhD, Vladimir Dujić, MBA, Boris Debić, PhD, Paul A Fadil, PhD.
- Higher Education in and after COVID – 19 was discussed by Shab Hundal, PhD, Hamadou Saiah-Hassane, PhD and Abdelkri Haqiq, PhD with Karmela Aleksić – Maslać, MSc as a moderator.
Keynote speakers of the conference were Siniša Krajnović, PhD, Executive Vice President and Head of Digital Services in Market Area North East Asia at Ericsson, Boris Debić, PhD, Google’s Chief History Officer emeritus and Guner Gursoy, director of Social Sciences Institute.
Participants were also able to submit papers in accordance with the conference topics. Peer-reviewed papers were published in the proceedings, with an appropriate ISBN distributed electronically. A certain number of papers were selected as best papers and in the extended version recommended for publishing in an international journal.
Experts from 12 countries submitted their papers.
The conference was organized in cooperation with the Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE) and the support of AASCB International. Participants had the chance to listen to the AACSB Accreditation Workshop, which enabled attendees to gain a valuable look into the new AACSB standards and the accreditation process, as well as several interesting plenary sessions that covered various topics related to innovation and achieving excellence in the field of Higher Education. AACSB Accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education and has been earned by less than five per cent of the world’s business programs. AACSB Connects educators, students, and business to achieve a common goal: to create the next generation of great leaders.
The conference gathered rectors, deans, associate deans, directors, key players and decision-makers in the field of higher education, professors, international offices, etc. This conference was of interest to academics from all disciplines as well as corporate representatives from the labor market with the responsibilities in recruitment and development of young talents.
You can download HEIC2020 brochure here.