HEIC2019 was held in beautiful Opatija, from September 23 to September 24. The topic of the two-day conference was “Building Agile Organizations” discussed through 4 panels.
The first one was “Transformational strategies for higher education“, moderator was Goran Oblaković, PhD and panelists were
- Daniel Khan, BSc(hons) in Computer Science, a BA(hons) in French and Business and over 10 years of experience in education and career consulting
- Dr. Kjell R. Knudsen, the Dean of the School of Business and Economics at the University of Minnesota Duluth
- Vesna Dodiković-Jurković, PhD is a Vice Director of the Croatian Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE).
“New faculty models” was moderated by Borna Jalšenjak, PhD and panelists were
- Metka Tekavčič, PhD Dean of the Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana (FELU)
- Sunčica Oberman Peterka, PhD a full professor at the Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics in Osijek.
Philip Vranešić, MBA was a moderator of the “Innovative teaching methods” with
- James Uhomoibhi, PhD Faculty e-learning coordinator at the University of Ulster with MSc in Optoelectronics and Optical Information Processing and a PhD in Laser Physics
- Eileen McAuliffe, PhD, deputy dean and strategic lead for business school accreditations, specifically AACSB and EPAS
- Vedran Mornar, PhD professor of Computer Science at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing at the University of Zagreb.
Mirna Koričan Lajtman, PhD was a moderator of the “Labor market challenges” panel discussed with
- Boris Debić, holding an M.Sc. in Physics with the respectable career as a Google technologist,
- Vesna Didiković Jurić, PhD a Vice Director of the Croatian Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE),
- Dino Ivan Dogan, PhD Dean of the Luxembourg School of Business,
- Damir Zec, PhD a Territory Service Leader for IBM in South-East Europe.
Other speakers at the conference were: Zoran Barac, PhD the Managing Director of the Zagreb School of Economics and Management, Timothy S. Mescon, an executive vice president and chief officer for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa for AACSB International, Afif Rustom, international business development professional
Participants were also able to submit papers in accordance with the conference topics. Peer-reviewed papers were published in the proceedings, with an appropriate ISBN distributed electronically. A certain number of papers were selected as best papers and in the extended version recommended for publishing in an international journal. Mr Shab Hundal work was awarded the best Full Paper at the conference.
Here you can find conference proceeding with all submitted and accepted papers discussed at the conference.
The conference gathered rectors, deans, associate deans, directors, key players and decision-makers in the field of higher education, professors, international offices, etc. This conference was of interest to academics from all disciplines as well as corporate representatives from the labor market with the responsibilities in recruitment and development of young talents.
You can download HEIC2019 brochure here.